Evolve Outdoors Group designs and develops technical fly fishing and hunting gear in New Zealand to meet the challenges of the harshest environments. We then wholesale to the retail sector and we are seeking a sales management professional to champion our sales strategy.
First and foremost you will be a successful sales manager driven by results with strong analytical skills and the ability to turn your analysis in to strategy with a passion for the details.
Secondly, like us, you will have a passion for the outdoors and the ability to enjoy what you are doing whilst rising to the challenges we face as our market position increases.
Hunters Element and Riverworks are strong brands in New Zealand and Australia and developing internationally. This role will contribute significantly to our future plans and will be a busy, multi faceted and rewarding role. We currently have offices in Melbourne and head office in Porirua, Wellington. This position is based in our Porirua office and is responsible for sales in New Zealand and Australia.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of sales trends to make strategic decisions
- Development and implementation of robust sales strategies
- Responsible for our sales team of eight across NZ and AU
- Key relationship with our Marketing Manager
- Initiating sales channels internationally
- Recruitment and training of sales staff
- Stock control, analysis and planning
- New Zealand and Australian market visits away for approx 1 week per month
- Fit well in to "one team" culture and actively contribute to it
- The ability to find and capitalise on market opportunities
- Negotiate a full work load and prioritise effectively
- Adaptable to a constantly changing environment
- Able to juggle a wide range of projects
- Accurate, detailed and outcome focused meeting KPI's
- Comfortable with making decisions
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in wholesale to retail or retail sales
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Two years experience in a Sales Management or related role
- Experienced computer skills, especially in Excel and complex reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with project management software
- Ideally you will have experience in hunting or fly fishing
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org